Basics of ultrasound (B Mode and Doppler)
Start-to-scan program: Module 1
Pending (RIZIV N° 17000543)
AZ Sint-Lucas (St Jozefzalen) STS-1
RegisterThis course is passed, therefore registrations are closed. Keep an eye out for updates on this course!
This is module 1 of the “start-to-scan” ultrasound program.
- 19.00 – 19:45 : Ultrasound Basics : B Mode, M Mode and Doppler
- 19.45 - 21.00: Getting to know the most important buttons on an ultrasound machine & practicing some easy images
- Understanding what ultrasound is.
- Understanding essential ultrasound concepts and physics.
- Understanding how an ultrasound image is being generated.
- Learning when to use which ultrasound transducer.
- Learning about the different ultrasound Modes: CF Doppler, PW Doppler, Power Doppler, M Mode
- Becoming familiar with the different knobs on an ultrasound machine.
Dr Simon van Hooland
Nephrology Dept, AZ Sint-Lucas, Gent. Founder of Handsonecho
Dr Valerie Neirynck
Nephrology Dept, AZ Sint-Lucas, Gent.
Back to courses